We pride ourself with providing comprehensive Fly Fishing classes for a myriad of fly-fishing subjects. Each class provide a social hour to build some comradery with fellow tiers.
- Equipment Maintenance Rod, Reel, and Line
- Beginner Fly Fishing (any experience)
- Beginner Fly Tying (any experience)
- Entomology (in classroom & hands on collection)
- Advanced Fly Fishing (basic experience)
- Advanced Fly Tying (basic experience)
- Advanced Fly Tying Methods (new 2019)
- Tying Small Streamers
- Tying Medium Streamers
- Tying Large Streamers
The classroom environment is designed to give you an opportunity to learn and enjoy your time in the class. Audio visual equipment is used to enhance the learning experience. Handouts are provided when applicable, so you go home with instructions that you can use latter. Fly tying recipes and step by step instructions with photos are provided for subject flies in fly tying classes.Fly tying materials are provided for each fly and additional materials to take home for three additional flies.
Class Agenda Topic's
- rods, reels, lines, leaders, tippet, waders, boots, vests, tools
- basic trout food sources and collection methods
- Reading the Water
- where are the trout hiding?
- Nymphing, Dynamic Nymphing, Midging, Emerger, Dry Fly, Spinners
- Top water fly, dropper nymphing, dynamic nymphing
- basic casting technique and practice
TTF tying classes are unique in the Middle Tennessee area. The classes are no charge, however a small fee is required to offset the materials used and taken home. You tie one fly for each subject fly and go home with enough materials to tie three more flies of each pattern tied.
When & Where
- Social Hour: Donuts and coffee at 8 am
- Class Time: 9 am to 4 pm (or earlier depending on class progress)
- Location: Tennessee Traditional Flies, 228 Norfolk Ln, Nolensville, TN 37135