Tying Flies for the SOHO
The South Holston River is a special place. Appalachian dry fly fishing at its best. The Sulphur hatch on the South Holston is epic almost every year. This river is managed by the TVA and in my opinion one of the best managed in the USA. This is precious native trout water which should be cherished by everyone.
The entomology on this river has some special Sulphur hatches which is unique to the South Holston.
June 24 2023
Social Hour 8am to 9am doughnuts, coffee, and share stories.
Class 9am to 4pm
Class cost covers materials for two to four flies of each pattern tied in class.
All experience levels are welcome.
- Tennessee Traditional Flies
- 228 Norfolk Ln
- Nolensville, TN 37135
- This is a residential address. Park in the driveway or on the street and come to the rear garage. My business sign is on the door.
Agenda Items (cost covers materials to tie four of each fly. Thats a cost of $1.88 for each fly)
- Orange Sulphur CDC Comparadun
- Orange Sulphur Biot Cripple
- Puff Daddy
- Sulphur Split Case Nymph
|Orange Suplhur CDC Comparadun
|Orange Sulphur Biot Cripple
|Sulphur Split Case Nymph
- Rod, Reel, Line
- Waders, Boots
- Vise, Scissors, Bodkin, Half Hitch Tool, Bobbin, Threader, Hackle Pliers
- Thread (Type, Size, Color)
Always bring note taking supplies.
This product was added to our catalog on Thursday 10 January, 2019.